Monday 29 April 2013

Twin Post with Rachos Nail Love ! (Apr 13)

Twin Post with Rachos
 
Hey everyone , today I am sharing a twin post with Rachael of Rachosnaillove.blogspot.co.uk
 
We decided to do a MSMD mani from each others blog.
 
Here is what she did ;

 
Hello lovely readers of Laura's Blog!
My name is Rachael and I run another British nail blog called Rachos Nail Love.

I love reading Laura's blog, especially for her nail posts. She always creates such cute ideas! We agreed that we would do a MSMD post and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I'd seen Laura do these for another guest post and absolutely loved them. They're simple chevrons but the colours really stood out to me and reminded me of Star Trek (yes, I am a total geek :D) so I wanted to do a mani that was based on that.

Here is Laura's version - I love the red she has used on her thumbs - my best friend would describe it as a 'good tart red'. I love tart reds, but my reddish skin tone does not do them any justice - I just couldn't pull these ombre nails off like Laura has, they're beautiful! 
 



 So here is my version. (I'll explain my choices to you.)
 
image.jpeg

I decided to go blue instead of red for my base - the polish I chose was Calvin Klein's Electric Blue. I thought this was a great choice because like Laura, I love picking up bargain polishes and I picked this beauty up from Fragrance direct awhile back for around £2 :) unlike most CK's I own, this is nicely pigmented and only needed 2 coats for full coverage.
 
I* then used striping tape and scotch tape along with Barry M - Gold for my chevrons and Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me on my other fingers.
 
*My friend very kindly helped me with the tape as I usually end up getting it everywhere but on my nails!
 
What do you think? Would you wear it? Do you have any of the polishes I used? I quite like the end result and I know I wouldn't have come up with this without inspiration from Laura :)
 
Thanks again to Laura for letting me guest post for her.

Rachael x

 
I spent so long deciding which mani to copy from Rachosnaillove.blogspot.co.uk
She has so many beautiful idea's but I loved this one http://rachosnaillove.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/extra-relaxed-31dc-day-2-orange-nails.html , I loved the idea she was inspired by her cat and had posted some super cute photo's of it.
So I decided to share some cute puppy pics as well as copying her mani. I hope you like it, please check out the original post !!
 
Thanks again so much Rachael !
 
 
xx
 
 


 
 
 
 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment