Wednesday 27 March 2013

Time Period Challenge- Ancient Egypt (Mar 13)


Time Period Challenge
Ancient Egypt
I am so excited to be taking part in my first nail art challenge ... so here it goes,hope it works and hope you guys like it :)

I realised after I posted this that the Inlinkz button is in the top corner, Which I kinda like but I know its not the done thing, anyway, if anyone knows how to sort this then please let me know in the comments :)
 


I painted my nails with a neutral 17 nail polish, then went over it lightly with W7 "Midnight".
Then again created pyramids with the 17 colour.
I drew on the hieroglyphics's with a black gel pen (I've been wanting to try this technique for ages and this seemed the perfect opportunity), then I went over any missing bits with a Rio nail art pen.
The letters spell out my name; Laura, and my fiances' name , Lewis.

 I enjoyed using gel pens for nail art although, I would like to share that it is a lot harder than I expected, the actual nail art was easier than I thought (Obviously easier than nail polish), even though I have picked a pretty difficult design. However what is tricky is that the gel smudges everywhere, then it smudged more when I applied a top coat. So my pictures aren't best :(
So I will keep practising this :)
xx











PS. Don't forget to look at everyone elses posts :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, how cool that you know your name in hieroglyphs! And I love your sort of window framing of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks xx

    And thank you , although they are meant to be pyramids , not the clearest mani I know :( xx

    ReplyDelete